Spec Boxster

Spec Boxster

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The search for a new track car/ race car

A few key criteria:

  • Ability to compete in wheel to wheel racing
  • Handling, no doubt above and beyond what I already have
  • Ability to take a passenger so that I can still use it when instructing
  • Raw speed, ??? hmmm this one gets expensive to buy and maintain, will likely downgrade here

Options:
  • Transform my 996 into race car: emotional attachment keeps me from tearing it apart and the fact that it is a hybrid already
  • Different 996 C2 race car eligible for Spec996??
    • maybe further down the road
  • C5 Z06 race car
  • Radical SR3 or SR4
    • extremely fast :)
    • incredible handling
    • the running costs for one of these ends up being much much higher than I initially thought
  • Spec Boxster
    • it is a relatively new series that is well positioned to grow
    • cars will handle extremely well
    • power will be down by 100HP at the wheels vs my current track car
    • I won't be racing with my wallet  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment